Friday, September 28, 2007

Ride For Rick

Tomorrow is the fourth annual Ride For Rick. I can't believe it's been four years already.

This event has grown into a really cool Saturday morning, including a 5, 10, 25 and 50 mile ride and a 5K run race. There is a huge raffle with some amazing prizes, massages, food, and even a jumping house for the kids. We have raised quite a bit of cash for Cancer research, scholarship and hospice. It's become a really fun family event, and I'll, in between making sure that everything goes smoothly, ride the 5 mile route with my family.

I sent out a mass email trying to recruit athlete volunteers to ride the route and assist the less experienced or just to be present along the way. I was very disheartened by the lack of response this year. I guess everyone must be very busy. Some people stepped up along with some of the Shoreline Sharks group, people I don't even really know, so thank you to those who are coming to help out at this charitable event and even to those who replied back saying that they couldn't make it. It's a nice thing you are doing and it means a lot to me considering my heart is tied in very closely with this event.

I hope to see a lot of you out there riding or running tomorrow, it's suppopsed to be a beautiful day!

www.rideforrick.com

Cheers,

EH

No comments: