EH Kona Camp 2013
March 1st through the 8th, 2013
Join us for this unique training opportunity to experience the Hawaii ironman World Championship course as well as experience one of the most amazing places on earth!
In 2012, we changed the location of our winter camp with a bit of apprehension because our past winter location was quite good, although I wanted A) for athletes to experience the world championship course, and B) to swim in open water in the winter. I , as well as those who attended, soon knew that Hawaii was the triathlon camp experience that would set a new standard! One of the athletes who has attended many camps commented “this was not only the best camp I’ve ever been to but the best vacation I’ve ever been on!”
Eric has been coaching since the early 90’s and has been putting on training camps since 2000. He also has made 12 trips over to the Big Island, all of his races there besides 2004 were sub 10 hours done as an amateur while running his own business. He knows the Hawaii course extremely well and also knows the island quite well. The Big island of Hawaii is one of the only places where you can experience nearly every climatic zone.
During this experience, you will be helicoptered into a remote area to hunt wild boar wearing nothing but a loin cloth… Kidding! You will, however, swim at the pier from Dig Me Beach, ride the Queen K highway and the climb to Hawi, and run along Alii drive and up Palani hill. You will also swim at one of the world’s most beautiful beaches and in an incredible OD outdoor pool, ride unbelievably scenic roads in the mountains, and run scenic trails along the pacific.
In addition, we will do hikes into the valleys, snorkel in Captain Cooks Cove, relax at some amazing beaches, see the volcano, and take in all the island has to offer. I want this trip to not only be about getting in some great training, but also about experiencing the island – one of the more amazing places you will ever have the opportunity to visit in your lifetime.
• The cost of this trip does not include your airfare or meals. We will provide training nutrition in the form of Hammer products, water, … Please book your flight for Friday, March 1st, leaving on Friday, March 9th. It does include hotel, coaching, transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel back to the airport, sag support, assistance with bike assembly and disassembly, and swag from sponsors.
• A deposit of $400 will reserve your spot. Checks should be made out to Eric Hodska and sent to 18 Old Mine Lane, Monroe, CT 06468, or pay through Paypal at www.hodska.com
• Cost; Single room: $2590.00 Double room: $1790.00
• We will be staying at the Waikoloa Marriott Resort (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/koamc-waikoloa-beach-marriott-resort-and-spa/)
• If you are bringing a spouse, significant other, or friend who will not be participating in the training, please contact me as they will not be required to pay the double room full cost.
• We are only taking 12 athletes with us for this incredible experience and interest is quite high. Leave a deposit before November 1st and receive a limited Kona edition EH bike jersey. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!