Monday, January 28, 2008

Lisa and I threw a small engagement party for our friends Gus and Laura on saturday night. Turns out we actually like the two of them (Laura anyways), so when we heard that they got engaged, we thought it would be a cool thing to do. We had a really fun time and hopefully, Gus and laura did as well although that could be questionable. We had a sit down dinner in our dining room which gets used twice per year. Baker was at one end of the table and I was at the other, and those that know the two of us well know that we can key off each other pretty well when together. In fact, Baker had a girlfriend in college who was a very good friend of mine, yet hated Baker and I together. Pretty soon the engagement party turned more into a roast. Everyone was laughing quite a bit - in fact, I think Kenny is still laughing. Well, Gus and Laura may not be laughing now, but they certainly were that night, even though most of it was at their expense. We even had Gus's mom rolling. After having a bit of time to come down, I'm sure she hates us - or at the very least, thinks a bit different about her sons choice of friends. I'm also amazed how much a bunch of fit, athletic people can drink! The Cleanse must certainly be over.

Lisa and I finished cleaning up about 1 am'ish and after 4 hours of broken sleep, I awoke to meet whoever showed (Ken) for my Sunday am run. Ray showed as well and we did a nice 1 hr 45 min run through the trails and single track.

Turns out it was a fun weekend with a bunch of good, close friends laughing hard and having fun - something to be very appreciative of.

Have a great week everyone! I'm heading to Cleveland on Friday to host a winter tri camp with Ange. I'll post again before there hopefully, but definitely from there.

Cheers,

EH

No comments: