Monday, November 13, 2006

Opportunity Awaits

Most people dread Mondays. I kind of like them. Monday is the start of a new week. Just like many use New Year's day as a starting point, an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and set some new goals, Mondays can serve the same purpose.

Try this today: Instead of dwelling on the fact that you still have four and a half work days left in this week, and the fact that this particuliar Monday here in CT can be even more depressing due to the rain, focus on these questions: "what can I do this week that will make it a stellar week? What may put me one step closer towards a big goal? What three things can I do during this week of November 13th that will seperate this week from any othter ordinary week?

It's easy to get caught up in a particuliar routine, and to get sucked into common societal bs like the fact that Mondays should suck. Instead, view Mondays as an opportunity. And remember, there's a coworker or age group competitor out there that's creating a situation that puts them one step closer towards their big goal. Don't let them getthe one-up on you.

Cheers,

EH

1 comment:

alan said...

This was a great time for this post. I know that in a few weeks, I'm going to have some down time and I'm struggling to wrap my head around that- downtime makes me nervous. I also know that if I am going to find another level, it's going to require me to improve in one area, the water.

When I looked a few days ago at my schedule and saw the longest swim I've done since September (OK, since Lake Placid) on Monday, I kind of cringed, especially given a swim of similar length at the end of the week. After reading this I figure I have two of the three covered already...

Thanks, EH.