Friday, June 15, 2007

Been Awhile...

I haven't blogged in a bit and was harrassed today by one of my good friends and athlete that I coach.

Let's see, what's happened since I last posted? I recovered quickly from that small cold I had. Things have been very busy. The Lake Placid Camp is next week, and I'm really looking forward to that. Business has been very busy - both personal training and coaching. That's always a good thing. We just renovated our kitchen here, and it came out great, although, we had the headaches you always encounter when doing a home improvement. Typical frustrating things like workers not showing or leaving early, project managers throwing their bull shit at you, which is nauseating. The job lasted two weeks longer than expected, but the end result came out great. Since I'm the cook in this house, I'm actually very excited about this new kitchen.

I haven't raced a triathlon yet this year. I set up a busy schedule, and soon realized that this year may be more of an off year. I'll certainly enter a few races, but only when it's convienient considering the other priorities taking place. This is actually fine. I'm in this sport for the long haul and I know that little racing this year will mean big goals next year. I'd like to race soon though. I've been self evaluating quite a bit lately. Maybe the fact that I age up in two weeks is part of this. I age up into a new decade as well. So I've been really focusing during my training and recovery to see if I'm on that downhill slide. The thing is, I feel quite fast. Faster than ever? I don't know. I have been doing some tests that show I'm not slipping. My recovery may not be as good as it was years ago, but my key sessions show that I'm not losing any speed or strength.

I really need to begin swimming. I have swam only once thus far in 2007. That was for a measly 1500 yds in Arizona. I think it's time. Next week at my LP camp, I promise to swim each day in mirror lake.

My first race may be the Griskus sprint race here in CT. This is the best sprint race in the nation. It may be my biased opinion but I think I'd find many that would agree. The competition is always great as well. I will race this this year whether I swim between now and then or not!

I have a lot of athletes that are racing, so I'm living vicariously through them. Many raced recently at the Mooseman 1/2 in NH and at Eagleman. Many PR's were set and everyone did well, so I'm very happy about that.

I am going to try and post at least every other day on here. Hopefully I can think of some entertaining things often. But next week, I'll definitely be posting from LP. This camp is going to be great - we have a terrific group and the agenda! Well, I don't want to scare the attendees in case they may be reading this.

Download this: Incubus, Dig, and Keane, Is it any wonder.

Cheers,

EH

No comments: