Monday, July 14, 2008

Stage 10

Wow, what a stage today in the tour! Anyone who thinks that cycling is dead, or that this year's tour is boring should go to the emergency room right now and see if they have a pulse. Either that or they need to pull their head out of their ass.

I picked Valverde to win this year, so looks as though I'm out of it. Ryan picked Evans.

Seeing Jens Voight drive the pace at the front up the Tourmalet and blow the pack to pieces was just awesome. CSC was certainly strong today and came out to this years tour not concerned so much in winning stages, but more concerned in winning the gc.

Saunier Duval - man can those bastards climb!

Cadel Evans has such strange form on the bike showing that when you are fit and strong, there is no one "right" way to get it done.

Every time I watch a stage, I'm fired up to go out and ride! I awoke early on Saturday morning to roll out at 6am and ride for an hour before meeting the Bethel Cycle group to ride. just before rolling out, I raised my saddle on my road bike. As I tightened the seatpost binder bolt, I heard a "snap!". The bolt cracked in two, leaving a piece in an impossible location to get at inside the clamp. I have a bunch of bikes in my garage and basement and not one has the same seat clamp diameter as my road bike seat clamp. After tinkering around for 45 minutes, I gave up and headed out on my Slice tri frame. I missed the Bethel ride and told my family I'd be back by 9:30, so after a 20 minute warm-up, I did 3 X 30 min TT's at 350 watts w/ 10 min easy in between each. This bike is a bullet. I have been riding only three times per week this year but it's all been quality and I feel like I'm riding stronger than I have in a long time. I have preached for awhile the value of cumulative base and how specific quality, when you have this cumulative base, not only saves time, but is far more effective.

I'm heading up to LP on Thursday - I have quite a few athletes racing, so I'll be coaching and helping John B. out with My Athlete. I'll try and blog daily from up there. It should be a great time.

Lot's of good new music out lately. I haven't posted a "download this" in awhile - I'll get back into that.

Cheers,

EH

No comments: