Friday, October 30, 2009

Stuff

* A wise older friend recently asked me what the opposite of pleasure was. I quickly responded with "pain", which seemed obvious. He said the answer is actually "comfort".

* I still don't know who I'm cheering for in this World Series. My natural reaction to each game has been different. I hate the lame approach of "I just want to see a good series".

* Why are so many triathletes afraid to take an offseason or some downtime? Are they scared of losing all their fitness gains or is it more a vanity thing in that they feel they will get fat and out of shape in just a few weeks?

* I made it through last night (Halloween) without having a single piece of candy. The juice cleanse that I put Lisa and I through accounted for this. The best thing about this cleanse is coming out of it feeling great and being much more aware of your food choices.

* This is a fun time of year to get a bit more involved in strength training. For those of you that I work with, I have a very progressive, effective new functional strength training plan I developed that you will soon enough become acquainted with.

* There's no football on today which is a shame. Except I'm anxious to see Favre return to GB.

* Tuesday night MTB/cross bike rail trail rides begin in two weeks! For those interested, email me. They are easy, aerobic effort on non-technical trail for the most part. Lights required.

* We are preparing for the Plunge in January. If anyone has a really worthwhile cause, please contact me asap.

* Big Rocks sent me the following quote just before Hawaii: "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that our aim is too low and we reach it."-Michelangelo

Cheers,

EH

No comments: