Saturday, September 06, 2008

We're in Madison

The flight was uneventful. Well, it was funny, but uneventful. First, everyone keeps asking Baker and Brennan if their brothers. I tell them that their on a father, son weekend outing. We flew out of Westchester and had to stop in Cincinnati. The small plane from Cincinnati to Madison sat two on one side and two on the other. Brennan and I were next to each other, with Baker directly across the aisle from me. He let out a "Yes!" when he saw that he was alone and in an aisle seat. I told him not to worry, that he'd have some company. Sure enough, the biggest guy on the plane comes down the aisle and wedges himself between Baker and the window. The guy was so big they couldn't put the center arm rest down. He was wearing these tight khaki shorts and his pasty white chubby legs were glued to Bakers. I was waiting for the guy to pull a John Candy and take his socks off. I laughed the whole plane ride.

We got in around 10pm and went out to get a beer. Madison is a very cool little college town. We found this brew pub that had an incredible selection on tap, and after a couple of pints we headed back to the hotel. I flipped the TV on and ironically "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" was on.

I just finished up an easy 1 hr run along the lake here. It's like a nice autumn day, with temps in the 60's this morning and the sun peaking out. It's actually a beautiful morning considering what Connecticut and the rest of the East Coast is getting pounded with today.

We have a busy little day planned, but I'll be sure to post again later.

Cheers,

EH

No comments: