Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's the Wednesday after NY, the day after election day, and I'm feeling pretty good! I have a bit of soreness still in my quads, but the ITB is fine and so are the hips. I am going to wait until tomorrow to do a light jog. There were a ton of people out voting yesterday which was cool to see. I'm a very decisive person and I went into the booth still unsure of who I'd select.

My daughter, Kate, was holding my finishers medal from the race on Sunday and she asked me what place I came in. Then she said, "Oh, it's right here on your medal. You came in two, zero, zero, eighth place."

Reflecting back on the marathon now, a few days later, I have some new found knowledge and training ideas. One of the things that I feel most endurance athletes neglect is strength training. Then, many that are doing strength training are following a routine that is actually taking away rather than contributing to their running/training. I also have some insight as to why some find an IM easier than a stand alone marathon, but I don't know if it's a good idea to go there!

For the next month or two, I plan on jumping in some 5K's here and there, doing some mountain biking, and even beginning swimming! We'll see if that actually happens, but for some strange reason right now, my motivation is very high. Usually around this time each year, it's just the opposite. Maybe the year away from racing really did work.

Cheers,

EH

No comments: