Monday, January 12, 2009

NFL + Cleanse = son of a bitch

"Five. Five dollar. Five dollar footlongs!" I had the stupid jingle stuck in my head all day. When that one wasn't in my noggin, I'd hear "I'm feelin' kinda Sunday..." Too much football viewing yesterday. Eli is no Peyton.

These weekend cold, snowy days are challenging when on The Cleanse. Watching football and having a beer or three go hand in hand, not to mention some nice nachos. Instead, I munched on carrots, drank water, and tried to relax. Relaxing is something that doesn't come easy for me. I really have to work at it. I'm envious of those that can relax easily and anywhere. You get through the weekend on The Cleanse though and your home free.

Today was a great day to run. I wedged some bounding hill repeats into a brisk 70 minute run and finished with more energy than when I started.

Cheers,

EH

1 comment:

rUntoNamAste said...

I haven't been able to get that $5 footlong jingle out of my head since reading this post.
Tragic :-)